Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Stereo Receivers For Music

The interview never succeeded Restless


This is the chronicle of an interview never failed. Some time ago, thinking of a number of Life (weekly for which I write) entitled "where were we," the idea was to propose a dialogue with Marco "Morgan" Castoldi . He would talk about everything that happened after the infamous (for him) statement on the use of crack to Max. From there, the expulsion from San Remo, the move away from X Factor (although the artist claims to have withdrawn) and lots of silence. It started as a pursuit of a shifty character, a dance between appointments and waste that is incredibly successful, more than they would have his answers, in let us know. I decided to present it again here to start the blog.


"There are vendors of difficulty." This is the phrase appeared on the homepage of Morgan when I entered the first time. The system at each Access will automatically change the words of welcome, but I, perhaps romance, I always preferred to think or want to believe it was the teacher every morning to write the most appropriate sentence for that day. In any case, shortly thereafter, I discovered that these "sellers difficulties" are for real. It was a Friday. I knew that night in Milan, Magazzini Generali, Daniele would play "Megahertz" Dupuis, who often accompanies Morgan on tour. Having contacts with him I thought about going to the concert and meet him and ask him to act as intermediary. The answer was "happy to do what I can." With hindsight, should not sound very encouraging. But at the moment I found it exciting. So Monday, when Megahertz informed me, via Facebook, that it was proving more complicated than expected, there I was wrong. I decided to entrust to a colleague, Marco Dotti, which began to spread the word. The request was simple, "who has a useful number to give us a hand." In parallel, called the record company, spades, then the manager David spades. On the morning of Tuesday, comes a mail from a colleague of Il Manifesto. A mobile phone number together with a few words "may be his number." An example of generosity and collaboration quite unique in a world of people who are close contacts in the double bottom of his drawer.


"I understand almost all sides of the character as one behaves in the parking lot." A nice phrase that made me confident. A few minutes I would have realized that even by way of answering the phone can be traced back to a good approximation of who is on the other side of the receiver. Having read and reread the number consigliatomi I decide and make it up. They spend a few rings at most two, and a hollow voice replied promptly. It was him. I noticed to be excited. A little 'because I had heart, a little' because basically I was on the phone with my own myth. "Hello Master, my name is Lorraine Maria Alvarez. The name is because ...». In a nano second I poured him a sea of \u200b\u200bwords. "But how can you call me on the phone. It is a wrong attitude. How do I know who are you? How can I be sure that you are who they say they? ". I did not expect an easy call, but the china that the conversation had taken far exceeded all my dire prediction. "You're right Master. But I can assure you that the last of my intentions was disturbed or angry. The fact is that I have tried all other channels ...». I could not finish a sentence that the hurricane came back to hit with more violence. "As far as I know for me, whatever she may be a charlatan," "Master this, however, seems a bit ' exaggerated, even calling me a quack? For a call? "," But not in the sense of "The Charlatan" by Bernardino Mei, "incredible, but certainly, as I did not know it was a compliment! Continues to be suspicious. Before I did not think I've talked to his manager's proved them wrong. Then do not believe I've sent an email to the record, demonstrates that it's been written and posted. Then everything changes. Change of tone, relaxes and tells me about problems with your computer. Hackers who sneak into his car and plunder the job. Crash continues, caused by the same pirates, numbers (23) applicants, words like Geneva that keep coming back. I ask questions. I give answers for what little I know. I realize this is a sort of trial by fire. I know of one that he intends to propose a meeting to see if something can be done. Accept. After a pause he adds, "But you do it for you to interview me, how much money?". I reply that I have a contract, I take a thousand euro a month and I do not think I will have approved of her interview with Extra. I would add that in any case I want to interview first for passion, but it would be too servile, giving up. It is strange "a thousand a month? And how do you live? I will spend a thousand a day. " I do not just have to tell him that I can, organizations. We are a lot to gain these figures, "do not is that we call "generation one thousand euro" for nothing. " The call ends with a clarification on his part "to make clear that I'm using you to meet your friend," assured him "it is clear that I am using your needs my friend to interview you."

"We did a strange child: do not play in the yard." is undoubtedly a great character. The first round with Morgan can say that I have brought home. One thing I stride though. I have the distinct feeling that he considered it to have me held captive in the conversation. May not have noticed that if I recorded the phone call, I could put it in the same situation in which it was found before the festival? Playing over the speech of hackers, numbers, words I could strike up a thesis in which I did go through paranoid, obsessed and obsessive. Perhaps with attached opinion of a psychotherapist. The fact is that he spoke to freewheel. To think about the initial explosion of anger could look like a pretext. Chi, frustrated and annoyed by a malicious call, then goes on to quibble over the phone half an hour of this and that? Or is one person who needs warmth. Or is it one that has fun and loves to learn and deal full stop. In both cases it is a "strange" in the sense of unusual, singular. The right word may be unique. The same the day I write that my friend is only available that evening and the next. Then it will be around Europe. He replies "We do tonight in Milan." Not now nor place. Shortly after moving all the next day. He has too many commitments.


"When one knows the answer but does not give it, expect surprises." It is not the opening words of the sentence to put myself forward as having to wait for the disastrous surprises. Castoldi decided that I agree with David, his assistant. So I call him. A boy available, collaborative and professional: I'm in good hands. We agree on a Thursday night. Second evening. To place directly Morgan, frowned at the idea of \u200b\u200bbeing home. The oddity again I do not anymore. Also because I like it. The event is scheduled. 23 to meet the master. Buy Coca Cola and Red Bull, I know that drinking liters. David then says "if we want to get something to tease thrown on marshmallows, eat only those." At first I thought it was a joke. Naturally, however, was very serious.

"Abstinence is when there is an alternative." This thought has become meaningful only when, at about 5 pm, are approached by David to cancel the appointment. "We have a banquet, do not we will be there for the 23 and perhaps even to midnight. Be too late. " I begin to go into withdrawal of certainty and without alternatives. I do not have a plan b. O Morgan interview or I have a piece. And the thing is complicated because the commodity exchange, my friend computer expert, is now out of contention. Part and may not participate. I make it known to David. It is a professional, I said yes to the interview and will try to do in order to be satisfied. I can trust. In the meantime, send a message to Maestro (Belen on the case, which pulls back to dance for speeches on the vip-drug combination) and tell it that are still on his trail and determined. We agree with David for a new appointment. This time, at 16, in the rose garden of the Villa Reale in Monza. "Mark likes to be outdoors." I have no objection. Discloses to Marco Dotti, who will accompany me, that maybe we are.

"now apply to my life the ellipsis." I know that anything can happen. What I have in front of it until all my expectations, my feelings and my hopes must remain on standby. Both in the morning, then when I get in the car and face Milan in the "100 Projects" morattiani. A sequence of construction, detours and queues. Monza takes me to reach the same time it takes to get to Santa Margherita Ligure. Just when I think I have, at via Gramsci 7 (the appointment is at number 10) the phone rings. The display flashes the name of David. I answer her voice trembles. I know what I say. You embarrassed "I'm sorry but Mark is in the studio, comes out today. I had to stop and slide all the appointments. Also very important things. " I note the subtle subliminal message. I figured if I slip the important things you two! Trying to be as calm as possible that does nothing but say that 'I need the interview on Tuesday, absolutely. We have to fix another appointment. " At this point I replied "Listen to me is if you call him directly. If you do not have the wrong number. Try to hear you Sunday. " Swearing, once put down the phone, are wasted. I understand that when I tell you personally that Morgan does not have time to meet me there will be nothing left to do. This assumption that answer the phone again. They are without the interview, without an idea and I have not met one that I believe to be the best living Italian musician. Moral ground and widespread feeling of death.

"The cemetery can be expected." I had two days to think. I realized that I do not need the interview. Now I just self-interest to meet with Marco Castoldi. Morgan, his artistic alter ego, I leave it to those who want the good fortune groped. I realize only now that he, without ever meeting him, known who is behind the mask television. A guy who reverses the key for each requirement. But at the same time needs to normality: the gardens, my house, the marshmallows. But not only. Now, in his speech on the therapeutic use of cocaine, I believe. This is a man more sensitive than others, as in every example of musical genius or not. A feeling that makes him sick. Nothing indicates a king of the high. It is true the choice of the manager to let me speak directly with him may be a discharge of a nuisance. But it is also something never seen before. A subversion of roles only. More than a manager seems an apprehensive and distrustful mother for her boy problems. Too many times when the arrogance of Morgan gives way to the fragility of Mark. I am reminded of an episode of "Porta a Porta." Perhaps the most humiliating moment for someone who has always needed and method for evading them, and get rid of mess. This time, in front of Bruno Vespa, went into a kind of redemption of the anarchist scene. An exorcism to extirpate his autonomy and thus sacrificing at the altar of Auditel. Certainly it is a difficult, sometimes innervosente. Often naive and childish. It is certainly not trivial or obvious. Free, at least when it decides to be a slave of himself or the logic of the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment